Quality, skills & knowledge
A good EKSAH Secretary will:
• be methodical, with a good eye for detail;
• be well organised, with an orderly mind;
• bring objectivity to the proceedings;
• deal promptly with correspondence;
• be able to take accurate notes of meetings;
• make sure members receive all the necessary material;
• bring the necessary material to the meeting;
• work well with the Tuan Pengerusi=)
• ensure quorum is met for meetings; and
• have knowledge or experience or willing to learn of committee procedures.
Do's and Don'ts
A good Secretary will:
• Be organised.
• Keep copies of all correspondence.
• Check quorum is met for meetings.
• Respect confidentiality.
• Work closely with the Tuan Pengerusi.
• Make it easy for others to take over by keeping clear records.
• Prepare for meetings well in advance.
• Summarise discussions effectively.
• Keep other Ahli Eksah informed.
A good Secretary will NOT:
• Ignore correspondence.
• Keep information to her/himself.
• Be late for meetings.
• Throw away important papers.
• Write down unimportant details of all discussions at every meeting.
• Rely on his/her memory.
• Repeat private conversations.
• Organise meetings at the last minute.
• Ensure accurate minutes of meetings are kept.
S.U EKSAH should:
*Remind appointment / schedule much ahead of time.
*Retrieves documents, contacts etc. within time.
*Have minimum typo / grammar mistakes on letters / memos.
*Sends and receives Email for EKSAH.
*Can research on the Internet for EKSAH on any given topic.
*Maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
*Has a better memory than Pengerusi-=).
p/s: this entry is not particularly for S.U EKSAH only but for those who are willing to learn to do things in an organised manner.Good Luck n Allah's Bless=)